Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Took my cat to my vet Wed July 15,2015, because she was throwing

Customer Question

Took my cat to my vet Wed July 15,2015, because she was throwing large volumes of broth looking vomit. We found out thru x-rays she has an obstruction in her upper intestine, Vet kept her on IV etc allay and gave her hairball meds too. Then late that day sent her home with antibiotic and also a pill to stop her from vomiting. She seemed fine for a few days but still had gut noise, just not as loud. I did not even have to give her the non vomit meds, because she was not vomiting. But I noticed gradually her got noise was getting loader. Well today July 18, 2915 she just threw up a large volume of broth looking vomit.
Her is my problem?
I am afraid to use the vomit meds, because I am worried all that stomach acid will give her a stomach ulcer.
Should I give the vomit meds to her.? I have posed ac and it helped settle her stomach noise. I will bring her to the vet on Monday ASAP. But for now am confused.
Tammy
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear that Mitsy is not feeling well. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you tell me what the names of the medications are both the antibiotic and the Anti nausea meds? When did you give Pepcid AC ?