Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a question regarding a sign my cat is displaying right

Customer Question

I have a question regarding a sign my cat is displaying right now and want to know if it is related to either of the following:
The cat recently has an outer ear infection that she was given an antibiotic cream for - The vet told us that if it got into her internal ear it could damage a nerve above her eye
Our cat has some swollen lymph nodes in the abdominal area, high globulin and neutrophils so the specialist has put her on an antibiotic called clavulox to see whether she has a bacterial infection . If not then she has suggested possible cancer or FIP As the cat is 2 and a half years old .
For two days now she has had trouble with her left eye keeping it closed or only partially open and now I have noticed that the bottom half of her eye is red in color suggesting bleeding to me. My question is - is this a symptom of FIP or have the antibiotics got anything to do with it?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Any tearing from the eye?
Any redness or haze/clouding on the eye ball itself?
Is she squinting the eye closed or does it seem she cannot open it?Is it swollen?
Did they also check a FIP (coronavirus) titre on her bloods?
Or an AGP (alpha glycoprotein)?
Any GI signs or skin issues near the abdomen?
Did they take a sample of the lymph node for testing?