Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My female spayed cat about 4 yrs. old is having a week long

Customer Question

My female spayed cat about 4 yrs. old is having a week long problem of trying to urinate she just does dripples and mostley on herself. She stinks and I have been trying to clean her with vet solution and lub. She has put on wait and has problem cleaning herself but really I think it is internally because she got raped as a kitty from a big old tomcat and had four still living beautiful kittens but I found her before having litter in winter very near death (could not walk but trying when she heard/smelled me eaely morning2:30 am can you suggest any relief for me and her now until I can get her to vet tomorrow?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm sorry about the wait. With the dribbling of urine and straining, I would want to get x-rays to rule out bladder stones. Bladder stones can lead to difficulty urinating and dribbling urine. If present, surgery to remove them is ideal. We'll then analyze them to see what type they are and how to prevent them. In the mean time, there is not much you can do at home. Cats don't tolerate many meds, so I wouldn't want to medicate with any pain meds. You could give a dose of Benadryl. It has some anti-inflammatory effects, so it may help some of the irritation in the bladder wall. You can give 1/2 tablet (12.5 mg) every 6-8 hours, as needed. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Little Girl. How is everything going?