Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My 4 year old dsh male tabby is throwing up. This came on suddenly. I'

Customer Question

My 4 year old dsh male tabby is throwing up. This came on suddenly. I'm disabled and I can't get upstairs to check where he is. The vomit is clear with white in the center. All is frothy. Should I be concerned?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
HI this is DR J and I would be happy to help you with this. This is vomiting and unfortunately vomiting is one of those clinical signs that is very non specific. So when a kitty vomits it could be hair balls, metabolic disease like kidney disease,inflammatory bowel disease or something like a string foreign body which can cause death if not dealt with properly. With your kitty being young it usually is a foreign body or hair ball.
So, unfortunately, it is impossible for me to know which it is. But if he does not vomit anymore then it is unlikely to be anything serious. Ideally, he should be checked out but I understand your situation. You can try giving him hairball remedy but if he continues to vomit he must see a vet.
I hope this helps you. Sincerely, DRJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer is fine, but I want to cancel my account. I sent you this info prior to getting an answer.
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
sorry, did not know that. I cannot handle that part for you, the main department will have to handle that. I can write them for you.
Sincerely,
DrJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate your intervention in this situation.