Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My cat is 14 years old. He can barely stand and has vomited

Customer Question

My cat is 14 years old. He can barely stand and has vomited liquid poop smelling stuff twice. He's just laying down and barely moves .. please help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Any cat - particularly a 14 year old who might now be an unregulated diabetic - who is as profoundly ill as Tyger should be attended to by an on-call vet at your earliest convenience. He needs a thorough exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests in order to clarify why he's so weak and is vomiting and only then can we know how best to help him. I understand that you didn't come to the site to be told to take him to a vet but in such cases as he you can't manage a pet at home.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.