Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

We have to Bengal kitten one is 10 month's and has done

Customer Question

hi we have to Bengal kitten one is 10 month's and has done wonderful we brought out 8 week old girl Bengal home I took her to the vett the next day they told me she had ring eorn.which 2 days later I was convinced .so I took her back to the breeder she
indeed had ring eorm .dhe is treating her i will get her back in 4 weeks .my ?is do I have to worry my other cat will get it and we she be free from ringworm or is it something she will have for ever .?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9 weeks
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
First, if Mia is treated appropriately at the breeder's and the infection is cleared, then she will not have this for life. It is something that can be cured. That said, do be aware that it is easily spread. So, if she has been in contact with you (because we can catch ringworm too) or your other cat; then we need to monitor for any crusty skin lesions and treat any found. Furthermore, this is quite a robust fungus that is shed into the environment, so you will want to clean (ie vacuum carpets, wash floors, launder soft furnishings) anywhere she has been in your house. If her signs were mild (ie a few lesions), then the risk will be low but it is something your other cat and you can catch. So, we need good hygiene at home and to make sure no one else has this and once she is fully treated, she will be fine to come back to you.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. -**Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is