Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 17 yr old male cat has thick swollen feet . paws I noticed

Customer Question

my 17 yr old male cat has thick swollen feet . paws I noticed tonight . I was on vacation for a week and my friends who cat sat him said he seems to have labored breathing
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he peed on the kitchen floor, and he would use the litter box when he was put into it.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?
Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Does he seem weak?
Can you take a photo of his feet? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.