Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Dear online cat vet , I have x2 Burmese cats both 9 1/2 years

Customer Question

Dear online cat vet ,
I have x2 Burmese cats both 9 1/2 years and brother and sister Over the past 12 months have both developed black spots on their corneas on their L eye only The spots have stayed much the same but their affected eyes are wetter and have more dark discharge than they used to
Our local vet prescribed Amacin for 1 week which helped marginally and only temporarily
Could you please advise the best treatment for them
Thanking you
Catriona
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Any coughing or sneezing?
What color is the discharge? Brown, yellow, green?
Did the Amacin reduce the discharge only? Did it affect the spots?
Did they vet test them for viruses?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.