petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My friends cat did pee today. Wears at emergency room last

Customer Question

My friends cat did pee today. Wears at emergency room last week...not feeling well, not eating or drinking. Diagnosed with crystals and felt better at treatment and is now eating prescription food. What to do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I'm a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy to work with you.
Are you saying that your friends cat, that was diagnosed with urinary crystals last week and was treated with a diet change is not now passing urine again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Any male cat, with a history of urinary obstruction or partial obstruction, that is not passing urine should be treated as an emergency. I would seek veterinary services immediately, even if that means seeking out an ER clinic. In the best scenario, he will be given the "all clear" after an exam, but in the worst scenario, he may be obstructing again and these emergency efforts will save him. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kristin,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Z.