Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Is Lysol bathroom cleaning foam safe ?

Customer Question

Is Lysol bathroom cleaning foam safe for cats?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Now the newer Lysol products are less toxic to pets then the older ones were (as they contained phenols), but we still do not want Sookie in direct contact with this. So, if you use this cleaner we want to make sure that she is kept out of the bathroom while you do and until the area cleaned has been fully dried. We also want to ensure good ventilation since this can irritate their lungs. Finally, if she is in any contact with the cleaner while wet, we need to rinse the in contact area with cool water and flush her mouth with cool water (+/- offer some milk or a bland diet to dilute anything she ingests) if she were to lick this.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )