Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Found stray cat (young) infested with fleas & did bath & serge

Customer Question

Found stray cat (young) infested with fleas & did bath & sergeants 1 month application and cat is deteriorating away in just a few short days. Is there anything I can do or give to to put some life back to this animal. Water,power ads, pedialyte? I've heard tuna with milk in a dropper to feed is helpful & thank you
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Bless you for helping this sweet fur baby.
Rub a drop of pancake syrup into his gums in case he is hypoglycemic.
Drain the water from a can or tuna into a bowl and see if he will lick it up for hydration.If he does, offer the tuna.
You can give milk, pedialyte, baby food (no onion or garlic),salmon, or canned cat food by syringe or dropper.He can also have boiled chicken
Insert it in the side of his mouth where there is a space between his teeth.
Keep him on his tummy in a nursing position (not up like a human baby).
If you warm the food it may motivate him to lap it up.
Please let me know how he is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Love,
Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

purrfectkitty