Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Our dog bit our 8

Customer Question

hi
our dog bit our 8 week old kitten. she's bleeding from her mouth but seems to be trying to get her paw up to her left side of her mouth. there's some blood in both her eyes and she's steady on her feet . this happened about 10 mins ago
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son's phone has facetime. his number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why don't you answer??? You've been reviewing this for an hour? But you took my money in just seconds
How hard is it to answer the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance. I am not however set up to work with live video consultation.
........
If you would like to proceed with this format, I would be happy to try and help you. Can you give me an update on how Luna is doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she made it through the night. The left side of her face is very swollen. She's in good spirits. I'm very disappointed with the lag time on the response. Last night was very intense
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I do understand your frustration and I am sure you were very worried about her. At any given time, there may be a larger or smaller number of experts online, but I personally was not able to access the Internet last night as our service was down in my area, which is very frustrating to me. I do apologize that no one was available to help you sooner. In any case, I am glad to hear that she is better. Is she eating, drinking and eliminating normally?Are there any visible puncture wounds? Any drainage from the swollen site?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's no puncture. She's bleeding a small amount.from her left eye. But it's healing s I'm taking her to our vet tomorrow. I do not expect to be charged for your service..
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
You can safely apply cold compresses to the swollen site if she will let you until you see your vet. There is really no safe or effective over the counter pain medicine that can be administered to cats, but the compresses may help to relieve some of the inflammation. If you would contact customer service, they can help to issue a refund of your deposit. I will send them a notice as well. I hope she continues to improve without issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. I tried that...she won't let us put any compression near her face.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Understandably so. Maybe later she will.