Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have 4 three month kittens two of them have suddenly lost

Customer Question

I have 4 three month kittens two of them have suddenly lost hair and have sore spots but so far the others are fine. One kitten sore is on his back and small but the other is on his side and about the side of my thumb. They do not act sick, they are eating and drinking and playing but I don't know what to do about the sores and bald spots, are there any bad signs I s should really look for. I used Iodine on them to day just a dab today with a q-tip. Please help we do not have a vet close by and if I can help my kittens without making a long trip that would be great.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Are you seeing any ulcers, scabs, pimples, pustules, crusting, or scaling of the skin?
Do they play quite rough?
Anyone itching or scratching themselves?
Since there are a number of issues that could cause lesions like this, can you take a photo of what you are seeing with them? That way I can see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to get a picture but they get squirmy when you pick them up. There aren't and ulcers pimples, pus, or crusting it is mostly bare skin and just a little bit of blood but no real deep puncture wounds more like scratches, It seemed to pop up almost overnight no one noticed it before but tonight when I picked the one up I noticed it's side- Our other kitten has a very small spot on his back.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
I know they are always moving targets when we try to get photos, but it would be ideal so that I can help you pinpoint what is present and how we need to address this for them. Though I would say from what you are not seeing, bacterial infections sound less likely so far.
So, please do try and I will keep my eyes peeled for your photos.
All the best,
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I posted it on Flckr can you see it?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
If you copy/paste the web link to your text box here, then I can follow the link to see it.
Dr. B.