Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My cat has repeated rapid sneezing when she sneezes. She also

Customer Question

My cat has repeated rapid sneezing when she sneezes. She also seems to have trouble breathing or at least its noisy and congested. My vet thinks she might have a tumor in the nose. I can barely afford a test see if she does but I shudder to think what an operation would cost. I am hesitant should I get another opinion or is my vet right. She doesn't seem to be in pain.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Tabby's situation. With what you're describing, some of the rule outs would be:
1) Nasal tumor - which your vet has mentioned
2) Nasal pharyngeal polyp - these are actually pretty common with the signs that you're describing. Here is a link on them.
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=2548&
3) Nasal foreign body.
In a situation like this, it would seem very reasonable to have your vet sedate her and take some skull films and also do a very thorough evaluation of the back of her oral cavity. If it is a polyp, at the time it is found on the oral inspection, it can be pulled. It is pretty simple as these are usually just pulled.