Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

Could you please help me. I have f3 savannah cat and I

Customer Question

Hi, could you please help me. I have f3 savannah cat and I will travel to Europe from San Francisco with him (Germany and Italy). In Germany CITES told me that it's ok to travel with him, I jist need CITES permit which I have. But Italy told me that it is not possible. Could you please help me. I need to know if it is ok to travel with my cat to Italy, and what documents do I need to have. Basically, I need to know all the information,regulations and laws about travelling with F3 SAVANNAH CAT (hybrid,Felis catus × Leptailurus serval) and what can do in order to travel with him.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I have a call in to a customer of mine who breeds Savannahs. I'm hopeful that she will have the information you need. I'll return to our conversation as soon as I hear back from her. For now, I recommend your going to the Italian consulate in San Francisco and getting this information first-hand:
Consulate General of Italy *****
San Francisco, CA 94115 (###) ###-####