Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat initially had soft stool with blood at end. I took her

Customer Question

My cat initially had soft stool with blood at end. I took her to the vet and they ran test found nothing & gave her Fortiflora. Then she got a UTI. They found blood on her urine (she still had blood in her stool) . They gave her an antibiotic shot (that last 14 days) and prescribed hills WD and told me to keep her on the Fortiflora, I don't see any blood in stool now but looks like she's constipated. What do you recommend?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
When did she last pass stool?
Any straining?
Is she still eating and drinking for you?
If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She passed today and yesterday. But before that only every other day. Still eating and drinking fine. No discomforting when I press in her belly. Don't know if she's straining. I'm not there when she goes.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
If she has passed stool in the passed 24-48 hours, then she wouldn't be considered constipated. Still if you did feel she could be struggling to pass stool, if it seems very firm (which could be the high fiber diet's effects), or you wanted to just increase her regularity, you can choose to give her a wee bit of support with this. To do, you can consider treating her with a dose of cat hair ball treatment. This is available OTC at vets and pet stores and would just lubricate the gut to aid her passing feces normally. Otherwise, you can also consider adding a bit of fiber (ie adding a spoonful of tinned pumpkin or a 1/4 tsp. of unflavored metamucil) to her diet to help her regularly. But generally speaking, if she did go today, then this is not constipation as much as a bit of fecal irregularity that we can then correct with the above.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. -**Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is how I am credited for helping you. ** Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Dr
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, my dear.
Dr. B