Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

I applied Revolution on my cat on 6/18 but now she has a bad

Customer Question

I applied Revolution on my cat on 6/18 but now she has a bad case of worms that look like rice. Is it too soon to give her a oral medicine? Can you please recommend a brand?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Moo Moo and her worms she has. I am happy to help you this evening. Grains of rice in the stool are usually caused by tape worms. This is what they look like in their poop. Cestex is the tape worm treatment of choice and should be obtained through your veterinarian. If you contact your vet and let them see what you are seeing they will likely dispense a tablet for Moo Moo to treat the tape worms. I would not recommend over the counter tape worm medications because they have caused some cats to become ill and cause some serious stomach issues. So contacting your vet to get the medication ensures you are getting a safe and effective treatment. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!