Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My male cat is not feeling well. He is not his usual whiney

Customer Question

My male cat is not feeling well. He is not his usual whiney self. He always meows when he's hungry or when he wants something. He is an outside cat roams around but always is home to hang out with us. I had him fixed about 2 months ago, he was fine after the surgery and was normal. What could it be?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
How is his appetite? Is he drinking?
Has he been showing any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Any limping, coughing, sneezing, or wheezing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering me. My cat is not eating as much as he usually does, He's ate a little bit and he did drink water.
He does not have any of the symptoms you described. I checked his gums he has black gums he is an all black cat. He seems like he's doing a little better.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Since he has black gums, can you just check his conjunctiva (the pink tissue around the eye) and let me know if that is nice and pink?
Are you able to take his temperature?