petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I'm cat sitting two cats. My landlords She put both cats

Customer Question

I'm cat sitting two cats. My landlords She put both cats in the garage. while she was feeding them for a couple days before she left, the white cat was very anxious to eat. since I've been feeding them, three days now, the white cat wont come to eat when I'm there. There is always dry food, but I don't know if she is eating it. The litter box seams the same. should I take white cat to the vet? Cat is 17 years old
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you. I think if you are unsure if she is eating or not, when dealing with a cat of that age, an exam certainly wouldn't be a bad idea at all. A vet will not be able to tell if she ate or not, but can at least rule out anything else that might be wrong. Cats are very sensitive to change and it doesn't take very much to stress them. There are disease conditions in cats that are precipitated by stress and sometimes the "stress" is as simple as a change in schedule or the owner not being there. If not anything else, you can get a baseline weight, so that if this continues, you will be able to monitor her for weight loss. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100%satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z