Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

We took one cat to the vet because it was throwing up foam

Customer Question

We took one cat to the vet because it was throwing up foam and had no control over its bowel movements
Now all of them have it
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry to hear about this concern.All are sick???Then, we likely must assume it is some type of viral condition or it is something they all share. That means, the food!!!!!If they all eat the same food I would destroy it, return it, immediately. Do not continue to feed it. Also, if you have any cat treats at home, destroy those as well. Intestinal parasites certainly can be shared as well, but an infection with giardia, as an example, would not cause illness across all the cats that fast. Very sorry to hear what is happeneing.Although not easy to give cats pills, you can give a ¼ tablet of Pepcid A.C. 10mg antacid up to every 12 hours. Pepcid is great for cats, but won't be good enough. You'll need extra treatment from the vet to help out. If a viral condition, it will depend on what the vet suspects to know how serious the problem may be. I'll hope for the best.Good LuckDr. Andy