brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

I think my cat my have gotten into some lily pollen. How do

Customer Question

I think my cat my have gotten into some lily pollen. How do I know if I need to take him to an emergency clinic?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today. Lily pollen has the potential to be as toxic as the rest of the plant. I definitely recommend taking him to an emergency clinic right away. I would start with a physical exam and blood work to get baseline values for his kidneys. Then I would keep him in the hospital on IV fluids for the next 48 hours and repeat the blood tests to compare. Hopefully he wasn't exposed to much! Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Susan