Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I don't have a question, but wanted to

Customer Question

.I don't have a question, but wanted to follow up on my issue from April last year. Issues with my cat's urination, post PU surgery (for FLUTD) continued through January 2015 (an additional 8 months). In January, it was clear that emergency
help was now needed. Frequent trips to regular vet (San Diego Pet Emergency) did not result in any improvements or solutions. I ended up taking my cat to a Pet Emergency clinic. After a quick check, the doctor there said he (cat) needed immediate re-surgery.
Turns out the vet that did the original survey left muscle tissue behind. Good news, this made the 2nd surgery easier. Urination is 100% back to normal amounts. I wanted to let you know in case other write in with this issue. That the surgery spot should be
rechecked. At no time should a cat have the limited urination and frequency issues post surgery as mine had. I spent a year going back to the regular vet with 0 improvement and high bills, while the cat suffered. Frustrating. Thank you for your time and helpful
suggestions. Stephanie
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. Hi I am sorry, your requested Expert has been unable to respond, I will be working with other Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator