Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

My vet has told me my cat had sometime type of immunity pro

Customer Question

My vet has told me my cat had sometime type of immunity pro lad he has a small areas on his shoulder he just wouldn't leave alone we've Reid ellacil, we've tried cortisone with no help now he's advised me to put a thin layer of superglue on it I did that but he wont stop trying to either clean it off nor scratch it of will the krazy glue come off from him cleaning it so much or by using his hind legs and scratching it
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you clarify "pro lad" and "Reid ellacil" for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pro lad was to be problem,Reid electi was also auto corrected it should have been Ellavil we've also had him on pretisone I may be spelling that incorrectly
Thank you for the additional information. Now I'd like to see what this skin area looks like. Can you upload a photo of it to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.There's a rare idiopathic (unknown cause) ulcerative dermatosis seen in cats occurring mainly on the back of the neck or between the should blades. Cats will aggressively self-mutilate it. When cats don't respond to conservative therapy - corticosteroids such as the prednisone, mainly - surgical resection of the area is considered.