Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Where can I find a cat behaviorist in Brooklyn New York? We

Customer Question

where can I find a cat behaviorist in Brooklyn New York? We have just adopted a second cat and my other cat is not accepting it at all. It is creating tension in the house, and if we can't get help I'm afraid the new cat will have to go. We've gone on websites to get advice but it's not working and our first cat is getting vicious with us.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pets today. I'm a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy to work with you.
......
It can be very nerve wracking to add a second cat to the household and it can take a lot of time and patience, depending on the personalities of the cats.
....
I am including a link to a resource for finding a certified veterinary behaviorist in your area, but I would be happy to give you my input as well which may help in the meantime. First, here is the link:
....
http://www.dacvb.org/resources/for-the-public/
.......
Second, if you can tell me how long the new cat has been in the house and what you have done with them individually since the introduction, we can start there.
.....
What is each cat's name?
.....
Does the new cat have a separate room?
......
Have you used any medications on either cat?
.......
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.