Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Is there any restitution regarding a shot that was given to

Customer Question

Is there any restitution regarding a shot that was given to my cat that has caused cancer?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Simba and his cancer. If your veterinarian documented that the specific vaccine made by a specific company was given at the site of the cancer then some companies will back their vaccines and provide some money for the surgery to remove the mass. But they are usually very specific about being able to prove that their vaccine caused it through records. Not all companies do this though unfortunately. So if you know which company then it is worth having your vet contact them to discuss what their stand is when their vaccines cause a neoplastic growth. It is definitely worth contacting the company. Your veterinarian and their records are very important. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!
Hi Tempia,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead