Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

He is unsocialble, stiffens when I pick him up and wants to

Customer Question

He is unsocialble, stiffens when I pick him up and wants to hide all the time. He is 16 and we were gone for 8 days. A friend came in once a day to take care of litter and food. He has a water fountain that maintains itself. He is a 'one person' cat, but is not aggressive to strangers.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I'm a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy to work with you.
.......
Did you friend mention if he was eating and eliminating normally while you were gone?
.....
Is he eating and eliminating normally now that you have returned and he is hiding?
......
When was the last time you know that he passed urine?
.....
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.