petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I have a 1 week old kittens, who has an infection and I

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1 week old kittens, who has an infection and I want to treat it with zithromas, and it is very small kittens, the weight is only 63 gr, what dosage schould I give? I would like an answer now, please

I haven't tryied any else medication, and I wan't to give zithromax

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

I would not recommend the use of Zithromax in a kitten this young. Most upper respiratory infections in young kittens are viral in nature and many do not even need antibiotics, but if so, generally amoxicillin or clavamox are effective and safer in neonates. The primary care for these kittens should be supportive in nature and may include fluid therapy as well as nutritional support.

I would definitely recommend that you seek the intervention of your veterinarian. These little guys are pretty fragile and can go downhill quickly.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

Dr Z