Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Do you have an opinion about spraying furniture and if it is

Customer Question

Do you have an opinion about spraying furniture and if it is necessary? Our kitten (born late February) was found with fleas this week - she is indoor only - so it's a total surprise. After one day on Capstar and a bath with kitten shampoo for fleas - there are no fleas detected. We are throwing away her carpeted towers and would prefer after washing linens and vacuuming the house daily to NOT spray the furniture with the chemicals. I am very sensitive to that sort of thing. We bought Zodiac upholstery spray. I also have purchased Advantage monthly application for kittens and am wondering if we should switch to that since it kills all stages of larvae. Do you think we can get buy with this continued vigilance and NOT spray all the furniture? It's been 24 hours with no fleas detected so far. And we are keeping her in the bathroom which is quite large.

Category: Cat Veterinary