Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

HELP have a cat had here years see just now NOT starting

Customer Question

HELP have a cat had here for 8 years see just now NOT starting to use litter box , yes its clean she just shits where ever latley help no she is not sick have not changed her food
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and will be happy to help you and Patches out today. When cats start not using the litter box, this could be due to medical reasons, or changes in their environment like a new litter box, new litter, uncleaned litter box, or new people or animals in the household. Indications of medical problems would be decreased appetite, increased water consumption and urine production, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, and not walking or jumping as she used to. It sounds like every thing in this area is OK. . .but is her water consumption normal, and is she able to jump up onto things easily?My second concern would be if you have added any people or animals to your household, of if there are other changes. Anything like that?