Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I am having great difficulty in finding Palladia 15 mg for

Customer Question

I am having great difficulty in finding Palladia 15 mg for my cat. All online pharmacies are out of stock with no in stock date. What am I to do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting Palladia. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help. It appears to be in short supply right now, and the drug company is not telling us why, or when it will be available. There is some out there, but it it mostly being sent to veterinarians, especially veterinary oncologists. Are you working with an oncologist? He or she may have some. Some practioners are using another tyrosine kinase inhibitor called Kinavet. It only come in dog strength, so it has to be compounded by a pharmacist to be a small enough dose for a cat. You could ask your veterinarian or veterinary oncologist about trying Kinavet. Let me know what other questions you have. Rebecca