Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Is there something wrong in my daughter's cat's diet? She

Customer Question

Is there something wrong in my daughter's cat's diet? She keeps having poop stick to her in a string as she runs from it. She then has to "clean herself" to detach it?
So strange to see random poop dropped around home.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Can you tell me what Snuggles is being fed at the moment?
What brand? Wet or dry food?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Based on her fecal consistency, it does sound like Snuggles's diet is too low in fiber. This is what bulks up feces and prevents it from being sticky or sloppy. Therefore, your daughter could try her on more dry food then wet, choose a wet food with higher fiber contents, or consider adding a supplement to her diet. In regards ***** ***** latter, we can do so by adding a spoon of canned pumpkin to her wet food or a 1/4 teaspoon of unflavored Metamucil. As well, there are some very good over the counter fiber and probiotic products for cats (ie Protexin, Propectalin, etc) can also help with this. These can be purchased at pet stores, vets, and even online. And I would note that probiotic support would be of benefit here as well since keeping the GI bacterial healthy will also help her gut function properly and thus produce normal stools.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. -**Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is how I am credited for helping you. ** Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Betty,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to visit her Thursday...I'll let you know. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome,
That sounds like a good plan and hopefully we can help them both get this sorted for Snuggles.
Take care,
Dr. B.
Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)