Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I got my kitten in the beginning of February, while I was on

Customer Question

I got my kitten in the beginning of February, while I was on a leave of absence from work. I went back to work about a month ago, and he's acting out by peeing on my clothes. What can I do to get him to stop? I make sure his litterbox is clean, but he
still jumps into laundry baskets and pees. I've tried positive and negative reinforcements, I've tried using a spray that's supposed to deter cats from whatever it's applied to. Nothing. I know I can just move the baskets into a room with a closed door, but
how do I address the actual issue with him? This is the second time I've had to submit this question, but I'm only paying for one answer.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Did you get a response from your first query? That would be helpful information, so I don't just repeat what you were told, or what didn't work.Buddy is stressed by the fact that you aren't home for several hours per day. That stress probably has lead to Buddy having a sterile cystitis.I'll wait to hear back from you before much more thoroughly discussing Buddy's problem and what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got an answer to the other one. Can you ensure I'm not charged for this one, since it was a website error?
If you were asking a different question, then each question is charged separately. Was your other question different, or did the recommendations made by us just not work for you and Buddy regarding his inappropriate urination. If this is the case, you should request that expert again, but let them know that what they recommended didn't work. Then you won't be double charged and that expert can pick up where they left off and suggest more solutions or "opt out" so that another expert can enter that conversation at no more charge to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the exact same question, verbatim.
So, did a veterinarian reply to you? I'm asking all of these questions to determine how best for you to not have to pay twice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have been conversing with another veterinarian and am satisfied with the communication.
Then it would be best for you to continue in that conversation until you have received the service you need. Do you have the option to just continue that conversation on your screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do and have been. Thank you!
Excellent! I'll make sure that your deposit is returned for this post.Best of luck with Buddy!Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!
You are very welcome!