Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I need help with how rude, my veterinarian was to me today.

Customer Question

I need help with how rude, my veterinarian was to me today. Actually the Vet was abusive to my two cat's. I wrote you about 4 months ago. Maybe longer. Re: why does my cat lay down quickly on her side and shake her back leg. We never communicated over the issue. I got busy. Today my Vet actually hurt my cats. Can you give me any ideas who to talk to talk to?
Thank you
dona weeks ***@******.***
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
I am very sorry to hear that your vet has been unprofessional to both you and your pets. In this case, your best recourse would be to either speak to the head vet of the practice (if you wanted to just keep this to the local level). Otherwise, especially if there has been harm done to your cats, then I would suggest contacting your state veterinary medical association to lodge a formal complaint so that this can be investigated. To find the contact details for your state board, you can do so @ https://www.avma.org/advocacy/stateandlocal/statevma/pages/default.aspx
Otherwise, you can also find information for contacting your state's veterinary board and State legislative contacts via
https://www.avma.org/advocacy/stateandlocal/resources/pages/state-legislative-resources.aspx
Please take care,
Dr. B.