Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I think my cat may have hurt herself or got hurt when outside

Customer Question

I think my cat may have hurt herself or got hurt when outside the other day. She walks fine, is eating and drinking and using the litter box but if you touch her in the rear end she hisses and seems to have a lot of discomfort lying down and getting up.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Spencer today. I'm a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy to work with you.
........
Have you been able to check her over well for any evidence of possible wound? It can be very hard to see a puncture wound, especially if it has scabbed over, but there is often an abscess brewing underneath the skin. Any drainage or swellings?
.......
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.