Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Im seeking Feline Interferon Omega from Mexico . Can I

Customer Question

Im seeking Feline Interferon Omega from Mexico . Can I receive it from someone there for my cat, She has Stomatitis and had all teeth rem0ved here in Tucson, Az. She still has problems. My dental surgeon had the interferon for Gracie, but has moved and
I can no longer receive it from her. I know Abbey Vet has it in UK. , but my vet does not want to bother with all the paper work. Please help.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be picked up with out a prescription
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Karing replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'mCustomerand I would be glad to help with your question. I would not recommend getting Virbagen interferon omega from Mexico since it is very expensive and quality would be in question. I have ordered from Abbeyvet in the UK and it was very simple. They actually specialize in exports to other countries and have streamlined the process. They were quick to respond to my email for information and delivered on time without consequence. I was not required to fill out forms and submit them to the FDA. The interferon shipment arrived on time as promised in a cold pack. I would suggest you ask your veterinarian to please contact them and inquire by email about placing an order. This is the email for such an inquiry: ***@******.*** and for opening an account see this link: https://www.abbeyvet-export.co.uk/ Tell your veterinarian that you will pay for the product and shipping upfront since I expect part of his reluctance is the expense and concern that customs will cease the shipment. In this way, you assume the risk. Again, the process was smooth when I ordered but the client did pay upfront. When your vet inquires, he can learn the cost of the product and shipping for you. If your vet declines, then I would suggest finding another local vet (perhaps a feline or internal medicine specialist) who may be familiar with the process and cooperate. On another note, I've had good success using Purina Fortiflora feline probiotic once daily for cats with stomatitis. There is no scientific evidence to back this up, but it is a T cell modulator and that may be the reason why it helps. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful. Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if you have more questions or would like additional information. It is my goal to provide you with the most complete information possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating. Sincerely,Dr. Karing