Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My seems to be constipated and is all of a sudden urinating

Customer Question

My seems to be constipated and is all of a sudden urinating where ever he is standing
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue. How much urine is coming out? Is it dripping, or is it a full stream of urine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Full stream
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
Okay. When was the last time the cat produced stool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Four days ago
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, but I am unavailable for a phone call at this time. Your cat does sound constipated, and often time the straining to defecate is what causes the stream of urine to come out. I would see a vet for an enema and/or digital extraction of the impacted feces. If that is not an option, you can try giving 1/2 tsp of Miralax and some canned pumpkin and try to give it another day, but I would really not wait much longer before seeing a vet if it has been that long. I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will try that.
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome! Please let me know how things progress, and please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for assisting you. Take care.