Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

Our cat just bit into advil liqui gel capsule. I found

Customer Question

Hi, Our cat just bit into advil liqui gel capsule. I found the capsule on the floor, with liquid around it. There more than 50% of liquid in the capsule plus there was more liquid on the floor. She bit this may be around 1.5 hours ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about this concern. I will wait for you to reply with a simple, hello, so I know we are properly connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Great news. So much of the liquid from the capsule is accounted for that her exposure is really minimal. Even for the lick or two of what was ingested, it would not be enough active ingredient to cause any organ toxicity. Could there still be a risk for diarrhea, and less likely, vomiting? YesBut, no clear indication for emergency care or for you to have to do anything at this point. I would certainly still monitor her for the next 24 hours including vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of appetite, but that's it for now.Good Luck!Dr. Andy