brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

My daughters kitten hid in the washing machine. she turned

Customer Question

my daughters kitten hid in the washing machine. she turned it on and it only was on for about 2 minutes and she heard the kitten screaming. it is shaking but stands up and its eyes are open and it is coherent. should she go to an emergency room or give it hydrogen peroxide.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today. Please respond if you can to confirm that we are properly connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes hello I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
OK, she does need to go to an emergency room. Do not give hydrogen peroxide. We need x-rays to evaluated her lungs, she may require oxygen support, fluid therapy, electrolyte regulation, and temperature regulation. I highly recommend keeping her hospitalized for at least one night. She may require more if she is seriously affected. Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay even if the cat was only in there for a minute or two. It is a kitten maybe 2 to 3 months old
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Yes 1-2 minutes is absolutely enough for her to aspirate a significant amount of soapy water. Hopefully it won't be serious, but I do not think we can assume that.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Susan