Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My name is***** have an eight mth. old kitten (female).She

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have an eight mth. old kitten (female).She is having audibly hard time breathing...gurgling sounds ...rattling and her meow is more of a gurgling sound than a meow.She has displayed a lot of choking...almost as if she s coughing up a hairball but it never happens.Is there something you can suggest to help?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she been like this?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Since you noted that she is breathing heavy, can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Any coughing or sneezing?

Any discharges from her eyes or nose?

Does she sound congested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi...sorry I m at work right now and unable to do what you re asking...I can tell you though she s been like this off and on for a few months now and she does have a slight discharge from her eyes.everything else you are asking I can t do until after 6 pm .hopefully we can somehow stay in touch

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Ian,
No worries, if you can check that when you are home and let me know that would be grand. You need only reply here.
Speak to you later,
Dr. B.