Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I need a prescription cat. He has a growth

Customer Question

I need a prescription for prednisone for my cat. He has a growth on his neck and was seen by 3 vets. It is not curable. With prednisone I have kept it under control for the last 2 1/2 years. How do I get a script. I recently took him to a vaccine clinic and got all of his shots but they couldn't write a script for the prednisone. They don't do scripts at the clinic. Didn't know until after I went.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Neal Forman replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe best choice is to get him in to see a veterinarian that can review any previous conditions related to this growth on her neck. If the veterinarian determines that it is something that can be managed with steroids, then he or she will prescribe them. Most vaccine clinics unfortunately do not do full examinations of pets and thus cannot write a script for him. Any full service veterinary clinic should be able to help you out. Has this growth been determined to be cancerous?