Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 19 year old female cat has blow flies and yellow stuff on

Customer Question

My 19 year old female cat has blow flies and yellow stuff on her back end and between her legs she also is showing signs of blood between her legs . Not eating but drinks a little what could be wrong
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long has she had fly strike?
Is the yellow stuff pus?
Is it coming from the skin, rectum, or vagina?
Where is the blood coming from?
Are you seeing a wound?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3days for flies, the yellow stuff is like little balls, almost looks like pollen but it's not, no wound, don't know about the blood it was a pale pink and on her legs she has been licking herself. I tried to bath her with waterless shampoo but she would only let me do very little
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have pictures
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
That is fine if you cannot take a photo, but can you tell me if she has been passing normal urine?
Do the maggots seem to be around or in her vagina?
Any straining to pass stool?
Expert:  ronald-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/95h42-19-year-old-female-cat-blow-flies-yellow-stuff.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.