Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cat is linking. She sits then gets up, puddle. I have taken

Customer Question

My cat is linking. She sits then gets up, puddle. I have taken her to the vet, they gave her
three diff antibiotics nothing is working NEED HELP!!!!!!! Her appitite is good she is not straining or in pain.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I can't communicate with you outside of this venue. If Rabbit is urinary incontinent - an uncommon disorder in cats - infection, urinary calculi (stones), and cancer (transitional cell carcinoma, usually) need to be ruled out. A neurologic basis (due to a spinal cord disorder, for example) is unlikely if she's only incontinent when she sits or is at rest.
Was infection ever identified through a urinalysis or bacterial urine culture and sensitivity? If so, was the urine rechecked after an antibiotic was administered for at least a week? If Rabbit's urine is currently sterile, an ultrasound of her urinary tract is indicated in order to search for both calculi and cancer. If neither can be found, drugs helpful for controlling urinary incontinence such as PPA can be considered.
Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.