Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My Burmese has last 24hours a very watery eye which

Customer Question

My Burmese has for the last 24hours a very watery eye which is now closed today. I have used salt water washes for her eye. Her seems clear and no discharge. She was born with a weak eye. She is very quiet.any suggestions?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has she had any sneezing?

Is it just one eye affected?

Any redness or corneal haze/clouding on the eyeball?

Did you make the salt water or was it a pre-prepared saline (ie first aid eye wash)?

Any history of trauma to the eye?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.