Neal Forman
Neal Forman,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Alicia Pet Care Center
59551217

A year ago my 8 year old cat started to no longer use her

Customer Question

A year ago my 8 year old cat started to no longer use her letterbox. There first time she did it it was on my bedspread. I have to constantly watch her, which is nerve wrecking. She will use the box to urinate. What is the answer to this problem. I am 82 and loven my pet.?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Neal Forman replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with Sophie and her not wanting to use the litter box. If you don't mind me asking is it urine or fecal material that she is doing outside the box? Also can you tell me a little about what diet you feed Sophie, and is it dry or wet foods.
Cats at her age there is a small chance that it could be medical (ie a UTI or kidney disease)or it can be behavioral in its cause. Is there anything that is different in the house such as new people or new animals?
Let me know in order to assist you more
Hi Mandy Sarphatie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sophie. How is everything going?

Neal Forman