Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My 7 year old calico cat has a dime size lump on her left side

Customer Question

My 7 year old calico cat has a dime size lump on her left side of her neck. I just discovered it and wonder if t can be serious and if I need to take her immediately for an appt. with our Vet. I welcome your advice. Thank you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about CoToos. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
Any lump that does not go away should be checked out. The first thing I do is FNA, fine needle aspirate: a small needle is put into the lump to get fluid or cells from inside it, and this is examined under the microscope. That should tell us if this is a lump that may be a problem and needs to be removed, or if it is benign and can be left alone.
Thank you for rescuing the cat family and finding them homes. Let me know what other questions I can answer.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hi Audrey,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?