Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a cat I just took him and he seemed

Customer Question

I have a cat I just took him for vaccinations and he seemed ok but now 6 days later he's not right he is not eating hardly urinating and not pooping just very little anyway I took him to the vet and ran lots of test for just about everything and the doctor said he seemed to be good but one thing was he noticed a 104 temperature he gave me antiobiotics which I have started now and said try this for a week just looking for second opinion because my cat is 12 and has always been good but from one day to the next he is not the same alert sharp cat that he was everything is just not right he is limping around slow just very sad please if you have any ideas or suggestions
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Champ. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
Since I can't see and examine him, some additional information would help. Can you get copies of the blood tests that were done, so I can see what was (and was not) tested for?
I see he is limping; was the leg he is limping on Xrayed?
Does he go outside?
Is he taking any medication besides the antibiotics?
Hope to hear from you soon. Rebecca
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi im sure I can get copies of the test the limping is always been since the stroke but now his walk is just very slow and sad when he is right he has the limp but he still can walk pretty well just slower than others no just antibiotics where given so far
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am here.
I did not see you mention a stroke in your first post; when did that happen? How is he treated for it? Do you know what caused the stroke, like high blood pressure?