petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cat has drank some Contact solution should I be worried?

Customer Question

My cat has drank some Contact solution should I be worried? She's meowing a lot and I'm wondering if its safe for her kittens to drink ffrom her.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.
.........
If you are referring to the basic contact lens cleaning solution that a person would use to clean their contacts, there should be no adverse effects to a cat ingesting it. At the most, perhaps a little upset GI system, but in most cases, I wouldn't even expect that. There should be nothing that is considered harmful to the queen or the kittens who nurse off of her.
........
Is Dottie is seeking additional water sources however, you may want to monitor her and make sure she has access to plenty of fresh water and verify that she is not drinking more than is usual for her which can indicate a possible health problem. Most likely, she is just needing more fluid if she is nursing kittens, so maybe put out an extra bowl of water for her.
.......
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Dottie. How is everything going?

Dr. Z.