Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat has suddenly gone from a relaxed, happy cat into one

Customer Question

My cat has suddenly gone from a relaxed, happy cat into one that is tiptoeing around the house, afraid of her own shadow. She startles easily and sneaks up on her cat tower and food dish like they are going to bite her. She is like this in the house and in the back yard, but not so much in the front yard. She is 2 yrs old, spayed, healthy, has all her shots, no kids or other pets in the household. She does not seem to be physically injured, just mentally. Obviously something scared her badly. Is there anything a vet can do for her? Will she eventually get over this and be herself?
thanks!
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. Hi I am sorry, your requested Expert has been unable to respond, I will be working with other Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  VetTechErin replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is Erin. Sorry it took someone so long to get back with you.
Are you still looking for assistance with your question?