Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Have cat with pancreatitis eating on and off sometimes vomiting.

Customer Question

Have cat with pancreatitis eating on and off sometimes vomiting. Have vet appt tomorrow to have ultrasound. I would like to have another blood test done to see if white count has come down any before ultrasound. He was treated with fluids under skin at vet and antibiotics at home for a month. He is still eating on and off can food he is thin but not too extreme,but I'm not a vet. I really can't afford ultrasound and I'm not sure what good it will do. I really can't afford to pay you for your answer either I'm handicapped on fixed income. I won't let my cat suffer and I love him. I still don't know what to do. Please help me and can you lower or wave your answer fee
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance but need a bit more information in order to better assist you.
......
How was the pancreatitis diagnosed? Was there a specialized test for pancreatitis run or was it a routine blood panel? It sounds like the WBC count was elelvated. DO you know what the values were?
.......
How long has this been going on?
.......
Did you vet talk about the possibility of intestinal disease as well as pancreas disease?
......
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.