Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc
9138059

My cat was blinking and squinting a lot yesterday. Today both

Customer Question

My cat was blinking and squinting a lot yesterday. Today both his eyes are clouded over as in cataracts, but he is only 3 years old
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your question regarding your boy Theo who has been squinting and blinking a lot, but who now seems to have cloudy eyes. There are a number of things that could be going on here, but with these symptoms, the real concern is whether Theo could have developed Glaucoma or a lens issue. Both of these potential issues would definitely require attention asap at your local ER vet. Cataracts (while possible) are very unlikely in a young cat, and would typically take several months to form. Other potential causes here include anything from excess mucus on each eye, to severe corneal ulceration.
Whatever the case, any eye issue like this involving pain (the squinting and blinking you saw yesterday), as well as a clouding of the eyeball and involvement of BOTH eyes, definitely warrants a visit to the ER tonight. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to eye issues. If this is indeed glaucoma, then your boy will need immediate help to relieve this issue.
I hope all of the above makes sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Bonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciated
If you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I thought I would follow up to see how you got on at the local ER vet. Hopefully it was nothing too serious - or at least, if it was - that the ER vets were able to help.
It would be great to get an update from you when you get a chance.
Kind Regards,
Dr E
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi Angela,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Pet Doc